What to Bring to Perisher
Your Snow Holiday Checklist
To make the most of your time in the snow here’s a simple checklist. A number of clothes etc will vary as to how long you are staying. If staying for a week The Stables Resort Perisher have washing machines and dryers in every apartment. Initial linen including towels are included per person for all of our properties. A small charge for any extra linen will be incurred.
If you do forget something, don’t panic, both Jindabyne and Perisher Resort have supermarkets, pharmacies and heaps of specialty shops.
If driving make sure your car has antifreeze in the radiator and your tires are adequate for the drive, needless to say always drive to the conditions. We recommend using SkiTube to arrive into Perisher which means snow chains are NOT required on any vehicle as the Bullocks Flat car park is below the snow line. Traffic and road updates are continually available on SNOW FM or Snowy Mountains 2XL. SkiTube parking is free and your tube ticket costs also include National Park Entry fee. Once you get to the top at Perisher Valley we offer our oversnow transfer service to get you to the apartments.
Ski Gear and Clothing
Ski and boarder gear, as well as clothing, can be hired (see the Perisher website for all-inclusive packages) but items such as fleeces, gloves, beanies, scarves, goggles etc need to be purchased (or borrowed). Ski and boarder equipment including skis, boards, parkers, pants and boots can be hired from your local ski hire shop or en route to the snow. Cooma and Jindabyne offer many outlets with very competitive prices. Book early and save with Perisher resort website or head to the kiosk in the main Perisher Centre. This saves you the hassle of carting the gear to and from Perisher. It’s always a good idea to wear layers of clothes so you can remove or add as you need as conditions can change quickly. Lockers are also available in Perisher to store stuff during the day.
What to bring:
- • Sunscreen (High Factor). Make sure everyone is lathered up, as UV rays are surprisingly strong in the snow, even on the cloudiest days!
- • Lip balm (as above)
- • Sunglasses/Goggles (as above). Even for the kids.
- • Hats/beanies/helmets* for the kids. (*Free with Perisher hire)
- • Gloves
- • Toiletries
- • Thermal underwear is a great investment, particularly for week long stays in Mid/Peak.
- • Après clothing (incl water proof boots if not hired). Dress code in all of our properties is very casual. Jeans and a light sweater or jacket is normally all you need inside.
- • Water bottles, particularly for the kids. Keeping hydrated whilst on the mountain is a must!
- • Snacks for the day. Plenty of food outlets are dotted around the resort and slopes.
- • Back Pack for putting the above in.
- • Warm PJs
- • Camera
- • IPod (or MP3 player is a good idea)
- • Favourite DVDs for the kids (Stables have DVD/CD players in all apartments)
- • Our properties have board games for guests to use but if you have a favourite, pack it just in case.
- • Village and Trail Guides, available across the Perisher Resort
- • Accommodation, hire and travel vouchers.
- • Travel Insurance